Makenna got a Diamond for her solo and placed 3rd overall in the Junior Solo Division (out of 33)! She also received the technical skill award from the judges, which is a very special award.
Her group tap dance got a diamond and placed 7th overall in the Teen Small Group Division. They were soooo good. They did an acapella section in the middle where the music turned off and the only thing you could hear was the music of their tapping feet. We were actually surprised they didn't place even higher.
The small group Makenna danced in with 3 of her friends got a Ruby. Her group lyrical got a diamond and, again, to our surprise did not place in the top 2 of that division. Sometimes it is really hard to figure out what is going through the judges' minds. I'm sure they must not know what they're talking about, it couldn't possibly be because I am biased? However, I really don't understand why they gave her jazz dance an Emerald? Now that was just crazy! That, or I really missed something. I guess I will watch it back on the dvd, because even the dancers and others in the audience were shocked.
Waiting to dance her solo. I really wish this lady hadn't been in the picture (you would have thought I would have noticed that when I took the picture)!
Handing out awards as 2009 Miss Spotlight.
Waiting for her awards.
Makenna and Jessica having a picnic in the dressing room before another awards ceremony.
Makenna and her solo plaques.
What an awesome job! We are so proud of you Makenna!
Now, unfortunately, you will notice that I don't have any pics of Alanna this time. Her dances were all very close together with hectic costume changes so there was no time for pictures.
Alanna and her friend Keara placed 3rd overall in their duo (out of 11). They got a diamond and we were so proud of them. Her jazz dance and lyrical dance also got diamonds. The lyrical dance placed 2nd overall. Her hip hop, ballet, and tap all got rubies.
All of the dances looked so much better than last competition even though it had only been 3 weeks ago (and one of those weeks there was no practice due to Spring Break). It has been wonderful to watch the girls grow and develop in their personalities and their dance technique. We are so proud of both of them and their dancing always brings a smile to our hearts! Keep dancing girls!!

No comments:
Post a Comment