Tuesday, September 28, 2010

One Proud Momma!

WARNING: BRAG ALERT!

So, I obviously have two reasons to be such a proud momma:

First reason:  Alanna


This is the poem she wrote at Mallo camp last week and it just brought a smile to my face!



Second reason:  Makenna

Last Friday I had a voicemail on my phone when I checked it after work.  This was more or less what it said, "Hi, this is Valerie Gerdes, Makenna's English teacher.  I would like to talk to you about Makenna so give me a call back.  It's nothing horrible."  So I start thinking:  What in the world could she have done?  I guess whatever she needs to talk to me about isn't horrible, at least; however, maybe it is somewhat bad (Makenna always says such wonderful things about Ms. Gerdes and that she might just be Gerdes' pet so I wasn't sure what could have gone wrong).

I call Ms. Gerdes back, and she says, "Sorry if I scared you by leaving that message.  I just wanted to tell you how much I adore your daughter.  I just love her and I wish I had a hundred more students just like her!  She always has her homework done on time, if not done ahead of time and she is very advanced in her reading and writing skills.  She is so sweet and kind and I just wanted to tell you thank you for whatever it is you are doing right to have a daughter like Makenna."  This brought some tears to my eyes and I thanked her for calling to let me know all of these wonderful things. 

And, of course this isn't the first time I have heard these great things about either of my girls so it didn't really surprise me, but it sure was nice of her to go out of her way to call and tell me. 

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MY GIRLS!!!

4 comments:

  1. Realy they just take after there GrandPa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda like them too. Well done Tami and Brad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always knew they were special. Just glad that others in their life recognize it too! Of course, their parents are pretty much responsible for the whole works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's awesome. You two have done a great job raising your beautiful daughters!

    ReplyDelete