Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend 2010

Over Labor Day weekend we went camping with some new friends in the Buffalo Gap National Grasslands (east of Rapid City).  It was very different from the mountains where we usually camp and ride 4 wheelers.  Even though there are no trees or mountains, the area has a beauty all its own. 

The riding was very different from the Big Horns.  It was more sport riding, rather than destination riding like we do in the Big Horns.  On the second day of riding we came to a big sand hill and everyone rode up but me.  I decided I couldn't take any more of this riding; I had a constant flow of adrenaline pumping during each ride and I couldn't take  it any longer.  Fortunately, Jen came to my rescue and let me drive her Razor the rest of the ride and she drove my Grizzly.  It was so much more fun driving the Razor.  If I was going to ride in this area I would definitely own a Razor! 

We had so much fun getting to know new people.  All of us girls even got to go shopping one day in Rapid. 

Monday morning we left abruptly because it was raining pretty hard, and it can be very difficult to navigate those bentonite roads when they are wet.  So we made it to Rapid by 8am, just in time to get in another day of shopping!  After shopping we headed home in high wind and Brad barely drove over 60 (so you know just how windy it really was when he drives that slow)!

Views from our campsite.

Some of the guys hangin' out.

View of our campsite.
Brad and Alanna getting some food at our last night potluck. 

Now that the weekend (and the summer) are over, it is time to get back into our routine of work, school, and dance!  What a great summer we had though!!

2 comments:

  1. Over all, that was a very fun camping trip! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a totally different scene. Glad you enjoyed your weekend. Wished we could have seen the girls more over the summer. Kind of missed them. Tell Alanna thank you for thinking of us and sending us the thoghtful sympathy card regarding Misty. It was pretty sad and still bothers me that I didn't get to say good bye to her.

    ReplyDelete