On Saturday, May 22nd, I took the girls, Jessica, and Krista to Spearfish to run The Race 5K, a run benefitting the Spearfish Food Pantry. We had to get up at 5am and leave at 5:30am. It was an early morning but at least the weather was decent. It was a little windy, but I've definitely run in worse. It was a challenging course with what they called "rolling" hills. I hadn't run much at all last week due to pain in my right knee. I was trying to rest it and get it healed up. It was a little sore during the race and after, but not as bad as it had been. So my time wasn't great, 28:03, but it was okay for me, all things considered. The girls all ran/walked the race and did an awesome job. Alanna finished in 37:30 and Makenna in 43:00. Brad had to work all weekend so he didn't get to join in the fun.
Krista, Alanna, and I waiting for the race to start.
After the race we went to the Common Grounds coffee shop and hit a garage sale. Then we stopped at the park and fish hatchery after failing to find more than one garage sale.
The girls playing at the park.
At the fish hatchery.
Standing on the bridge by the Booth house at the hatchery.
Eating (and playing) at Guadalajara's for lunch after the park. Makenna won a bag from Two Wheeler Dealer and a gift certificate for Guadalajara's as a door prize at the race. Alanna won a coffee mug and a gift certificate to the Cedar House Restaurant.
Again, playing at the restaurant.
Alanna showing off her race t-shirt...
and her time!

So cool! How fun to have the girls participate. Matt said he wants to run a 5k with his girls but we will be too old by that time. I have been waiting for this post ever since reading your facebook status.
ReplyDeleteI started my "training" today. My lungs are still hurting 12 hours later. Not looking good to be ready in time for the August race.