Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Big Chop!

Today was the day for the "Big Chop," aka the girls' hair cuts. About 2 weeks ago I finally gave in and told the girls they could get their hair cut short after national dance competition. Makenna always wants to get her hair cut short and Alanna has been after me for about 6 months or so to get hers cut short. I have to say I really didn't want to see Alanna get her long, beautiful hair cut short, but I told her if that was what she really wanted, she would at least have to donate her hair. So, a couple weeks ago we started researching Locks of Love (www.locksoflove.org). After doing some research, I decided I would be okay with her cutting her hair as long as she donated it to such a good cause like Locks of Love. As it turns out, I didn't even cry when she got it chopped off like I thought I might. She ended up donating 12 inches of hair, which, by the way, doesn't look like much. Makenna also cut her hair short but did not have quite enough to donate.



So happy after the first big chop!








My sweet, cute girls!

2 comments: