I know it has been awhile since I've blogged (or scrapbooked, for that matter). We got pretty busy towards the end of last week with dance fundraisers.
The girls did not have school last Thursday and Friday due to Parent/Teacher conferences. I am happy to report that they are both doing very well in school!
Anyways, since they did not have school on Friday a traveling bake sale fundraiser was scheduled for Friday for Alanna's dance company. A bake sale at Kmart was also scheduled for Saturday. So, as if making 14 dozen baked goods was not time consuming enough, my stove decided to get a mind of its own and went crazy. Early Thursday morning (about 8am) after I had been to a meeting at work and frosted some cinnamon rolls with homemade buttercream frosting (for Dad), I was getting ready to put 2 large pans of pumpkin bars in the oven when I realized I had a problem. I opened up the oven door after it had preheated and was hit by a heat wave. It had supposedly preheated to 350, however, when I opened the door it felt more like 500 degrees. Now, I wasn't completely shocked by this because I had been having problems with my oven several days before this. Unfortunately, it decided to really act up at a very inopportune time. Keep in mind that our appliances are only 5 months old. Long story short, I ended up lugging all of my baking supplies to my friend's house that afternoon so I could bake my 14 dozen goodies. Thankfully, I have an awesome friend who would let me take over her kitchen for almost 6 hours (she even did my dishes)! I ended up making one tray of pumpkin bars, 2 trays of Rice Crispy treats, 12 loaves of pumpkin bread, 2 pans of brownies, and 4 dozen pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
We ended up making over $200 per dancer for these bake sales so, I guess, it paid off. But, if I would have known my oven was going to go bonkers on me, I would not have signed up for 2 bake sales! What a nightmare that was! Anyways, we are working with LG and Home Depot to get our stove either fixed or replaced. Darn these new, fancy appliances anyways with all their bells and whistles! Well, I will keep you updated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We will be expecting our baked goods in the mail soon. Yum, Yum we can't wait!!
ReplyDelete