Well, our Halloween didn't turn out exactly as planned but, things could always be worse (and we are thankful they were not). So, as I said in my earlier post, Brad and I were going to Halloween parties at the school, and we did. The girls each wanted to bring a "healthy" snack to school so we made Haunted Forest Platters. Brad and I managed to get these to the school without any destruction. I helped with Halloween games in Alanna's classroom and Brad floated between Makenna's and Alanna's parties before he had to go back to work.
So, as I was saying about things not going as planned, long story short: Brad's stomach has been bothering him off and on since Tuesday and he ended up going to the ER tonight. All his lab work checked out okay, so he had some pain meds and 2 liters of fluids and they sent us on our way. Anyways, we came home and he is now sleeping.
The girls and I and one of Makenna's friends had gone trick or treating with Richard and Skylar. Then when Brad went to the ER, Richard dropped me off there so I could stay with him. Richard took all the kids trick or treating some more. The girls had a lot of fun and ended up with more than enough candy for one year!
So, like I said, not exactly what we had planned but, it could always be worse!
I only took a few pics of the girls this morning in their costumes before school because, as you can probably assume, things got a little hectic later on in the day. Makenna created her costume and called it "Iron Beauty." And Alanna created her costume and called herself "Spa Girl."
This was, however, the nicest Halloween weather I think I have ever seen in Wyoming! It was in the mid 70's most of the day, no wind, and the kids didn't even need to wear coats and snow boats for trick or treating this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Massman's! What a great idea Tami. Tell the girls that I loved their costumes. The haunted forest was cool also. I hope the kids enjoyed.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear Brad is doing aok.